Fall 2018 Study Session Groups Formed
Study Session is committed to providing a supportive, non-lecture, collaborative group learning environment in STEM subjects, whereby students of all learning styles engage to thrive in their classes.
- Biology 111, 160, 161, 162
- CE 204, 207
- Chemistry 110, 124, 125, 127, 128, 129, 216, 312
- CPE 101, 202, 203
- Math 116, 118, 141, 142, 143, 161, 162, 221, 241, 244
- ME 211, 212
- Physics 121, 122, 131, 132, 133, 141
- Statistics 217, 218, 251, 252
Study Session is an academic retention program which provides bi-weekly hour-long study sessions to all Cal Poly students. It’s a great way to obtain support with an academic subject all the way through the quarter.
There may be 8-15 students per group so there's opportunity for personal attention.
- There's no cost to attend, but each students must submit a request throught the Cal Poly Portal in order to join a group.
Study Session's Mission
- To provide students an opportunity to learn more effective ways of studying.
- To provide students with the opportunity to get acquainted with other students from their class in a friendly atmosphere.
- To enable students to share notes and ideas with their peers for a broader understanding of the course.
How to Request a Study Session
- Logon to My Cal Poly and view “My Classes” in your home page
- Above your classes is a button: “Study Session Request”
- Select the button to enter the request process. You must be enrolled in the lecture for the button to appear.
- Press the “Submit Request” button at the bottom when you’re done.