Study Session Groups Formed
*Due to Covid-19, all Study Session groups will be held virtually for the 2020-21 Academic Year.*
Study Session at Cal Poly is an academic enrichment program whereby students ascend the levels of Bloom's Taxonomy utilizing varying learning modalities.
Guided by trained Instructional Student Assistants, enrolled students dive deeper with material, participate in discussions, examine notes, develop metacognitive learning strategies and challenge their understanding of material by collaborating in a peer-to-peer environment. The result is students walking away with a fresh and new perspective of content knowledge, whereby they are able to further build upon through their academic journey at Cal Poly.
Study Session is committed to providing a supportive, non-lecture, collaborative group learning environment in STEM subjects, whereby students of all learning styles engage to thrive in their classes.
- Biology 111, 160, 161, 162
- CE 204, 207
- Chemistry 110, 124, 125, 127, 128, 129, 216, 312
- CPE 101, 202, 203
- Math 116, 117, 118, 119, 141, 142, 143, 161, 162, 221, 241, 244
- ME 211, 212
- Physics 121, 122, 131, 132, 133, 141
- Statistics 217, 218, 251, 252
*Please Note: to view a specific Study Session for a Target Course, please see the "Study Session" PDF at the top of this page.
Study Session's Mission
- Offer small peer-to-peer collaborative groups in a 60-min, bi-weekly format.
- Implement metacognative strategies to identify effective ways of learning.
- Provide students an environment to interact and engaged with each other on subject based material in a collaborative format.
- Serve as a non-remedial approach to learning.
- Adhere to UMKC Supplemental Instruction guidelines.
- Utilize and implement VARK principles.
How to Request a Study Session
- Logon to My Cal Poly and view “My Classes” in your home page
- Above your classes is a button: “Study Session Request”
- Select the button to enter the request process. You must be enrolled in the lecture for the button to appear.
- Press the “Submit Request” button at the bottom when you’re done.