Study Session Groups Formed
are viewable in the CP-LAN app
Study Session groups for Fall 2021 TBA
Study Session at Cal Poly is an academic enrichment program whereby students ascend the levels of Bloom's Taxonomy utilizing varying learning modalities.
Guided by trained Instructional Student Assistants, enrolled students dive deeper with material, participate in discussions, examine notes, develop metacognitive learning strategies and challenge their understanding of material by collaborating in a peer-to-peer environment. The result is students walking away with a fresh and new perspective of content knowledge, whereby they are able to further build upon through their academic journey at Cal Poly.
Study Session is committed to providing a supportive, non-lecture, collaborative group learning environment in STEM subjects, whereby students of all learning styles engage to thrive in their classes.
How to Submit Study Session Request via Web Browser
- Click the following link: https://calpoly.tedu.app/request/ and sign in with Cal Poly email address
- A magic link will be sent to Cal Poly email address
- Click link
- Select course(s), day and times you are available
- Once your group, day and time have been identified, the Study Session staff will send a confirmation email once you've been placed into a group. Please note, this process can generally take some time to process due to the volume of requests submitted by students.
How to Install CP-LAN App
Please use of the following links to install the CP-LAN app on your mobile device depending on whether you use iPhone of Android platforms.
- Apple Store
- Google Play
- Download "CP-LAN" app for mobile device platform
- Sign in with Cal Poly email address (note: a verification screen should show up informing you to check your Cal Poly email for magic link)
- Check Cal Poly email for magic link, click and sign in with Cal Poly email
The CP-LAN app allows students in Study Session to do the following:
- Submit and modify requests
- View enrolled and available Study Sessions
- Attend Study Sessions virtually
- Biology 111, 160, 161, 162
- CE 204, 207
- Chemistry 110, 124, 125, 127, 128, 129, 216, 312
- CPE 101, 202, 203
- Math 116, 117, 118, 119, 141, 142, 143, 161, 162, 221, 241, 244
- ME 211, 212
- Physics 121, 122, 131, 132, 133, 141
- Statistics 217, 218, 251, 252
*Please Note: to view a specific Study Session for a Target Course, please see the "Study Session" PDF at the top of this page.
Study Session's Mission
- Offer small peer-to-peer collaborative groups in a 60-min, bi-weekly format.
- Implement metacognative strategies to identify effective ways of learning.
- Provide students an environment to interact and engaged with each other on subject based material in a collaborative format.
- Serve as a non-remedial approach to learning.
- Adhere to UMKC Supplemental Instruction guidelines.
- Utilize and implement VARK principles.
- Groups consist of 8-20 students that meet twice weekly for 50 minutes
- Students receive help with homework problems in addition to receive supplemental instruction
- The group meets weeks 1-10 of the quarter, (no finals week meetings)
- Leaders have previously taken courses at Cal Poly with great success
- Students are expected to attend each session in order to maximize potential in subject
- Students may drop out anytime
- If a student is “Wait-Listed” for a class, they will not be able to submit a study session request. Students must first be enrolled in the course before a request can be submitted and accepted